We offer several courses: Class 1/5, Class 5, Class 1 Upgrade (from Class 5) and Class 6 - The courses are exempt from GST, tax deductible and meet requirements for funding.
- Do you enjoy driving? Do you like to work with people?
- Would you like the opportunity to be able to teach?
- The job of an Approved Driving Instructor is interesting and very rewarding.
a.) Class 1/5 Practical 60 Hrs. Theory 60 Hrs. 120 Hrs.
b.) Class 5 Practical 40 Hrs. Theory 40 Hrs. 80 Hrs.
c.)Class 1 Upgrade (from Class 5) 40 hours
d.) Class 6 Practical 42 Hrs. Theory 40 Hrs. 82 Hrs.
Car and Classroom Instructors:
- Driving instructors come from all walks of life; teachers, ex-service personnel, factory workers, secretaries, housewives, office, administration staff, salesmen, tradesmen, drivers, commercial operators, the self-employed and many others.
- The skill of being able to relate to and teach a variety of people is one of the most important attributes that a good instructor must possess.In addition to the people skills, you will also need some degree of self-discipline, professionalism, and a good sense of responsibility that a job such as this requires.
- Job satisfaction is high. There is nothing like the feeling of a job well done, when a pupil passes their test.
Commercial Truck Instructors:
Full Time and Part Time Career Opportunities Teaching. We are seeking individuals with a background in the trucking industry as a professional truck driver and a strong interest in training.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about promoting and improving the professionalism of truck drivers.
- An experienced operator.
- Have an interest in and demonstrated aptitude for teaching.
- Comfortable with computers and advanced technology.
- Willing to work shifts and weekends if necessary.
- Able to relate to teaching a variety of people, this is one of the most important attributes that a good instructor must possess.
- Happy to be home every day.
Motorcycle Instructor Training Course:
- We are always on the lookout for qualified motorcycle riders to become instructors at Saferway Driver Training School Ltd.
- Our instructors find their part-time work rewarding in many ways and are happy to give something back to the sport that they enjoy so much.
- Our Motorcycle Instructor Training Course combines theory and practical training conducted off street and in traffic.
- Riding demonstrations and practice, course observation, role playing and presentations are integrated into this course.
We provide ICBC Certified Instructor Courses.
For employment opportunities at Saferway please contact our office.